IILPM Code of Ethics
This Code of Ethics is expected to be followed by IILPM graduates.
This Code of Ethics provides behavioural principles to guide certified personnel of the International Institute of Legal Project Management, and its Accredited Training Providers, staff and representatives.
The International Institute of Legal Project Management’s principles recognise the obligation to:
- act in a professional and ethical manner at all times;
- promote the International Institute of Legal Project Management, and its Accredited Training Providers, Accredited Training Courses, Certification and Qualifications in a positive way;
- respect other graduates of the International Institute of Legal Project Management and recognise their level of competency at least from the level of their certification;
- act with care and due diligence in providing any guidance or advice as a certified person;
- avoid any misuse of information that has been provided to me in dealing with legal matters, with consideration to the nature of any required confidential or commercially sensitive material;
- declare any conflict of interest in performing one’s duties, unless that interest is already known, or is in common with all, or a substantial proportion of, the other parties involved;
- act in the balanced interest of the law firm (employer) and client at all times;
- act in roles associated with legal matters in accordance with any legal limitations, such as having a valid legal practicing certificate or qualification if undertaking tasks required of a legal practitioner;
- avoid conduct that results in physical harm or creates intense feelings of fear, humiliation, manipulation, or exploitation in another person; and
- only use the Institute’s logos in accordance with its style guide and any authorised post-nominals in a positive way, and only when certified to do so.